Chief Driver Job at Taita Taveta County
The Taita Taveta County Public Service Board invites applications from suitable and qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions:
Number of Posts: Fifteen (15)
Terms of Service: 5 (Five) Years Contract
Duties and Responsibilities for the Chief Driver Job
• Driving motor vehicles as authorized,
• Maintenance of vehicle work tickets for vehicle assigned,
• Carrying out routine checks on the vehicles i.e. cooling oil, electrical, brake systems, tyre pressure etc.
• Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems,
• Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle on and off the roads,
• Safety of passengers and/or goods therein,
• Maintain cleanliness of the vehicle,
• In addition, the officer may be required to supervise and guide staff in a small transport unit.
Chief Driver Job Requirements
• Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D plain or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
• Valid driving license free from any current endorsements and valid for any of the classes of vehicles an officer is required to drive;
• Served in the Grade of Senior driver for a minimum period of three(3) years or comparable and relevant position in the Public Service ,or relevant working experience of not less than ten(10) years in a comparable relevant position in the private sector;
• Defensive driving certificate from Automobile Association or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
• Passed occupational trade test I for drivers;
• Passed practical test for drivers conducted by the recruiting Authority;
• A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from Kenya police;
• Attended a refresher course for drivers lasting not less than one (1) week within every
• three (3) years at Kenya Institute of Highway of Highway and building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
• Attended a First Aid certificate course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. Johns
• Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
• Demonstrated outstanding professional competence and integrity in work performance.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
County Public Service Board
Or hand delivered at the Board offices Ground floor Maghamba Plaza, Opposite Kenya Power offices, Voi.
Candidates must attach a clear copy of their national identity card or valid passport.
The applications with copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 4.30 PM on Friday 22nd June,2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Youth, women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
Candidates found canvassing will automatically be disqualified
For more details visit the official county website